Monday, July 07, 2008

To be where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars

Ann and I got back last night from our trip up to San Francisco to visit my brand new baby niece. She's pretty damn adorable, as tiny versions of big things tend to be. Not quite as fun as her older brother yet, but I'm sure after she learns how to hold up her own head she'll get there in no time. While up in the bay area we visited with family, sat in traffic, frolicked around the city, sat in traffic, ate massive amounts of food, visited a pirate supply store, and... sat in traffic. So yeah it was a blast.





On the way back to LA we stopped by the Monterey Bay Aquarium and it was pretty much amazing. My favorite part was the jellyfish living art exhibit. It's kind of crazy how diverse the life on this planet is! After the aquarium we slowly headed home as we sat in massive amounts of traffic. Wooo California!




(Photographs by Ann)

While in San Francisco I got a tiny sketch book that I'm going to try to do a finished drawing in each day. I figure it's little and I should be able to do a quick Illustration in under an hour or so. In the past I have been notorious for starting a billion things but never finishing anything (just ask Ann). So I'm hoping this will be a good way for me to learn how to finish things. Let's see how long this lasts. Anyway here are my first two.


1 comment:

  1. I really do have quite the baby nose. I say "mo'! mo'!" to the daily drawings!

    ReplyDelete