Thursday, June 26, 2008

We finally got a piece of the pie

Ok, Ok, Ok I get the picture Missywah, this thing isn't updated enough. Duly noted! I will look into it and fire whoever is responsible. Hopefully the next person I put in charge will be a little more on top of things.

So I guess everyone's next question is "Where's the damn film already!?!" Geez you people are harsh today! The film isn't ready yet. I'm going to look at where I am today and hopefully realize it will only take like 20 minutes to finish and then get it up and done with. From what I'm told Tanya is going to be holding my soon-to-be newborn niece hostage until she gets to see it. So I have some pretty hefty motivation to get it done.

Ok next question. Yes you sir in the blue fisherman's hat. What have I been doing with my summer? Good question. Since finishing up the semester at Calarts I have happily been spending much more time with Ann, doing a little work for Chris on the side to pay my bills, but mainly I have been trying to really focus and work on my art skills. I've mostly been studying anatomy so far, but I hope to also examine some of the old masters works and hopefully learn quite a bit that I can apply to my own art. I started off strong in the beginning of the summer but after a week or so my productivity started to decrease as my movie watching started to increase (ironman rules, indiana not so much), but I think I'm starting to turn around again and will finish off the summer strong. So hopefully I will have a few things to put up here in the not to distant future. On that note I went to the zoo today wanting to sketch the elephant there but s/he wasn't being very cooperative, so I moved on and drew some of the other animals instead. Most of what I did was less then impressive but I was able to draw a rhino that I was happy about.


(click on image to enlarge)

2 comments:

  1. Rhino looks cool. Waiting for movie and grandbaby. Hope you aren't too uncomfortable in the +100 heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Ryan, but did you have to copy MY blog format??!!#$%? Ok I'm not complaining in that you DID finally do something. Its just that . . . and why are you Jr. Is your fither the original Vampyroteuthis?

    ReplyDelete